the notion of Multimedia – the combination of text and pictures
Tools: interactive whiteboard, Activeinspire
Question with BBC video clip : Words + pictures + sounds can help or not?
(HTML 5 is replacing the Flash and it is useful)
– they are all text:
– convey the meaning
– pictorial: graphic, visual object without text)
* caution: terminology is very important so be careful to use it
– The first text is from pictogram ( represent the object/symbol) and move on to the text since it is hard to complicated to represent abstract or state concept.
Mayer’s 3 view points of Multimedia
1. Delivery -media view: what channel or what technology tools are using? such as projector, video, and computer and so on – techno centric view
2. Presentation mode view: what text is using such as verval or pictorial text? or combination of them
3. Sensory – modality view: what sense the receptor is using such as visual , auditory, Kinocentic. fundmental sense we learn/ ex) Children multimedia – it is emphasised to using picutre but using lots of sounds is very importatn since they are associated with sound for learning
3 theoretic term
Response strengthening : behaviouristic approach – students response becomes strength with repeated training / reflectional input and output related with drilling
Information acquisition (transfermissional aquistion): How you get the information. you are blank sheet and you get your information
Knowledge construction(building): you have already some information foundation and build on that
According to Mayer, good multimedia-
Deep learning: ex) when learning other language, the moment you are able to push it around, manipulate it and people understand what I mean is deep learning stage. you are able to apply it and use it in daily life.